Bringing Blues Music to Community Events
MBS has sponsored and promoted many local Blues bands by arranging performances at numerous community events. This exposure really makes a difference for up and coming bands as more and more folks get to know them. MBS is privileged to have so many fine musicians in our area to choose from.
MBS is pleased to have offered our help to get Blues Bands playing at these great community events. Working with the organizers of these events makes connections that lead to more and more exposure for Blues music and our local musicians.
Fitch-Rona Blues & Booze Festival
MBS Partners with Yahara Bay Distillers
Madison Blues Society was thrilled to partner with Yahara Bay Distillers for the Fitch-Rona Blues & Booze Festival on Saturday, July 27 from 11:00AM to 8:00PM at Yahara Bay Distillers. MBS worked with Yahara Bay to pick out some really great music. These artists made it a really great event!
- Luke Cerny https://lukecerny.com/ Soulful & real. Luke Cerny is a singer, songwriter & multi-instrumentalist from the backwoods of Northeastern Wisconsin. Won the privilege of representing Wisconsin at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis next year.
- Small Blind Johnny https://www.facebook.com/SmallBlindJohhny/
- Birddog Blues Band https://www.facebook.com/BirddogBluesBand/ Yep…definitely blues…. with attitude. Afresh take on the classic 1950’s Chicago blues sound
- Ryan McGrath Band http://www.theryanmcgrathband.com/
- Too Sick Charlie https://www.toosickcharlie.com/ Too Sick Charlie’s distinctive blend of regional blues music is like a slow-cooked gumbo on a late summer evening; deep, flavorful, satisfying.
Vintage brewing sampled grain-based products. Food Carts such as Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Co., Pudgey’s, Bonnie’s Balls and Tortilleria Zepeda also served at the Fitch-Rona Blues & Booze Festival. Fitchburg & Verona’s first blues festival was presented by Guild Mortgage – Joe Long. Additional festival sponsors include Ganshert Nursery & Landscapes, Staybridge Suites Madison-Fitchburg and Monona Bank.
Photos from the first annual Fitch-Rona Blues and Booze Festival
Held September 27, 2019, in partnership with Yahara Bay Distillery.
Madison Area Community Music Festivals
Over many years, MBS has worked with many popular Madison music festivals to help bring Blues music to fans and to support community organizations. We’re pleased to have been a part of these great groups.
- Willy Street Fair – a Madison tradition drawing thousands to the Williamson Street area, brought to you by the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center
- Orton Park Festival – food drink and fun at Madison’s beautiful Orton Park, brought to you by the Marquette Neighborhood Association
- WORT Block Party – the local community comes out to party in the two blocks around the radio station, brought to you by WORT-FM Community Radio
- Sun Prairie Blues Fest – a great local annual event boosts Blues music with the fantastic deal of 10 hours for 10 bucks! Brought to you by the Sun Prairie Lions Club
- Wisconsin Blues Fest – local music theater makes a point of gathering top Blues talent for a great all day fest, brought to you by the Majestic Theater